'2023 And Beyond' Project
HOW YOU CAN HELP
Please can you make a commitment to support our appeal with a monthly pledge for the next three years?
Please use our Project Prayer in your own prayers as part of your support:
Living God, we bless you because you make your dwelling place the hearts of your faithful people. In your abundant love bless us with the gifts we need to be faithful stewards of St Mary Magdalene, Great Hampden. Help us to realise our vision for the future of our church. May we always be mindful of the coming kingdom of your Son Jesus Christ our Lord, to whom with you and the Holy Spirit be all honour and glory, now and forever. Amen.
What's been Achieved So Far?
- Newly built, fully accessible toilet block with baby changing facilities.
- Added kitchen facilities to serve refreshments to all visitors.
What's Still to be Done?
- Upgrade the sound system and AV equipment
- Relight the interior of the church
- Improving the heating and stabilise the floor tiles
- Sympathetic redecoration and cleaning of stonework
- Open up the chancel space
- A restored building, improved by sensitive redecoration
- A well-lit, warmer, more comfortable and accessible church
- Sensitive creation of space in the chancel for worship and concerts
- Architectural and historical features enhanced and made more visible
- Our church continues to be a significant place in people’s lives and the community for generations to come
- Enabling a place of meeting between God and his people
What we'll be Able to Offer
- Continue our popular Sunday services
- Welcome the wider community by continuing to host weddings and baptisms
- We have a rich tradition of musical events including our popular chamber music concerts which we will be able to host in a unique and flexible space
- Offer educational events to make the most of the church's special historical connection with John Hampden the Patriot
- Offer a space for spiritual exploration, retreats and cultural events
We are passionate about keeping the church community alive and welcome you to join us on our journey.
Please download our leaflet, and use it to make a donation. Please help us today!